Video as a Marketing Tool
Video is a potent online marketing tool if you know how to use it. It is a cost-effective way to extend your reach, enhance your brand, and grow your business. The use of videos is perhaps more important today than ever as consumers are increasingly faced with an abundance of platforms that have become a staple of their daily lives.
Today’s consumers are more sophisticated than ever. They are increasingly interacting more and more with on-screen graphics and videos through virtual communities such as YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Vimeo, Instagram, and even Twitter.
With this in mind, we have identified some of the most exciting statistics for video views to help marketers and individuals understand the power of video as a marketing tool.
97% of marketers say videos help consumers understand products (Hubspot)
Technology has revolutionized the means through which customers find product information. The advent of the internet and growing awareness among the mass public means that customers now use the internet to understand a product in detail from every perspective instead of waiting to be sold to.
Consequently, marketers are advised to use explainer videos that make complicated things simple by explaining their product features in a way that costumers understand to boost engagement.
Globally, consumer internet video traffic will be 80% of all internet consumer traffic by 2019 (Tubularinsights)
Consumer internet video traffic will dominate other types of traffic, accounting for 80% share of the global market by 2019.
81 percent of businesses now use video for marketing (Hubspot)
Due to its ability to boost engagement, conversation, and sales, 81 percent of companies now use video as a marketing tool.
- 78 percent of businesses revealed videos provide a good return on investment (ROI) (Wyzowl)
- 82% of companies intend to spend more on video marketing in 2018 (Wyzowl)
- 76% of marketers admit video help their organization increase sales (Wyzowl)
- YouTube is the most visited site after search engine, Google (Alexa)
- 99 percent of businesses who already use video say they will continue to do so in 2018 (Hubspot)
- 72 percent of consumers would instead use video to learn about a product than other types of content (Hubspot)
- 83 percent of audience would consider sharing a video they like with others (Hubspot)
- Using a video on a landing page can boost conversions by 80 percent (Invisia)
- Your website is 53 times more likely to jump to the top of Google search results you embed a video in your site (Yumyumvideos)
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos each week (Adweek)
- 82 percent of Twitter users view video content on the site (Twitter)
- Instagram is the only site where photos receive more engagement than videos (Sprout Social)
- Social video generates 1200 percent more shares than image and text content combined (Wordstream)